20120506

LES ROUGES


I'm not sure where to begin this post on red lipsticks! I'm excited just blogging about them! Ever since I've gotten accustomed to my face with red lipstick on, I wish I can wear red lipstick all the time.


(from left to right): CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick 305 Hot, Revlon Matte Lipstick 006 Really Red, Revlon Matte Lipstick 007 In the Red, Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss 605 Cranberry Cocktail, Inglot Matte Collection AMC Lip Pencil 20, Ellis Faas Milky Lips L201

I wanted this blog post to be exclusively on red lipsticks, but I love any textures of red on my lips, so I turned it to les rouges.

I'll just walk through each product.
CoverGirl Hot is cherry, bright red; Revlon Really Red is the perfect neutral, but bright red; Revlon In the Red is brick, maroon red; Maybelline Cranberry Cocktail is as the name suggests, cranberry red; Inglot 20 is true red with a tinge of brick tone; and Ellis Faas L201 is dead-on blood red, not too bright, not too dark (my reference of true, classic red).

As you can see, there are different shades of red. Of all the reds, Ellis Faas L201 is the classic red lipstick colour for me. It's just perfection. My mission now is to find the exact colour  in matte texture. L201 does not necessarily have the shine of lip gloss, but it's not matte either. I love L201 both in texture and colour, but I really want the same thing in matte. Ellis Faas Creamy Lips L101 is thought to be more of a classic lipstick texture, but it doesn't seem matte from Ellis Faas website swatches.

Revlon Really Red + Revlon In the Red combination is the closest colour family of L201, but it runs just a tinge darker. I am open to suggestions!

No comments :

Post a Comment